|Museum of Lichtenstein.|
|Address / Office:|
|Museum der Stadt Lichtenstein
+49 (0)37204 86453
+49 (0)37204 60291
|Opening hours:||Admission charge:|
|Saturday and Sunday:
1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
and after consultation.
|Local souvenirs can be bought at the cashier's office of the museum:|
|Anybody, who wants to buy pictures and books as
presents for their friends and relatives may have a look at them at the
cashier's desk of the museum or information office and do so.
The following histories of buildings are available:
|Books on offer:|
|The permanent exhibition contains the following topics:|
|Doll and Toy museum.|
The first private Doll and Toy museum was opened in August 1996 in Lichtenstein/ Saxony. Owner of the museum is the Flämig family, who has collected and arranged toys in already three generations.
|Opening hours:||Address:||Admission charge:|
|Tuesday to Sunday
11 am to 5pm
|Museum, restoration workshop, café of the museum:|
25,000 visitors come to the museum, where about 300 dolls (the oldest one
is from 1830), teddy bears, doll houses and toy shops, farms, castles with
soldiers, model railways (two working sets), steam engines, tin toys, as
well as toys from the Ore Mountains can be seen. Besides the permanent
exhibitions of the museum, various special exhibitions - all about toys -
are carried out throughout the year. The highlight is the Christmas
exhibition, where toys, mechanical Christmas hills, pyramids and carved
candle angles are shown. Besides the museum there are also a restoration
workshop, the toy store and the café of the museum located in the same
In the Restoration Workshop toys of any kind are repaired and arranged. The workshop is known throughout Saxony and has even customers from all over Germany, who want their historical dolls, teddies, tin toys and trains to be repaired in Lichtenstein.
In the Museum Cafè you can enjoy a friendly atmosphere after your round through the museum. For groups (up to 50 persons) a guided tour through the museum as well as lunch or tea are offered.
Finding your way: The museum is located right on the B 173, close to the Altmarkt in Lichtenstein (car park). Further parking possibilities are shown by the parking guide in town.
|Museum of local history in the Gerth-Thurm.|
"Gerth-Thurm (tower)" received its name after his latest owner,
Richard Gerth. In former times it belonged to a stud farm with almost 26
hectares, 8 ponds, 2 quarries and 1 peat hole.
From 1616 to 1920 it belonged to the property of the Vogel family. This is a rare case of a long - 304 year heredity within one family. The building, similar to a tower, was first documented as a warehouse in 1716. The building is supposed to have been built in 1450. After a fire the roof was rebuilt shortly after 1720, whereas, strangely enough, the burnt wood construction was left below the new.
Interesting things in the house and the garden:
Many more things of cultural and historical value going back to 4 centuries are shown in 10 exhibition rooms.
|Opening hours:||Address:||Special guide:|
|Every first Saturday and Sunday
of the month (except December and January)
1 to 6 pm
|Lungwitzer Straße 77
D-09356 St. Egidien
|Please contact Mr. Gottfried Keller +49 (0)37204 5275 or the municipal administration St. Egidien +49 (0)37204 7600|